Australian lamb chops Madrid
Member recipe by mariabjo
A delicious lamb dish with mild australian lamb and a refreshing spanish twist
- AUSTRALIAN LAMB
- 12 Australian lamb chops, 1 ÃÂÃÂ¼ inch thick (3 per person)
- SEASONED OIL BLEND
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dry, crushed
- 1 teaspoon marjoram, dry, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, crushed
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Â½ teaspoon garlic salt
- SHERRY APRICOT GLAZE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Â½ cup sweet onions, chopped
- 1 cup dry sherry
- Â½ cup apricots, dry, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl, prepare seasoned oil blend and liberally coat chops.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in frying pan. Add chops and brown on both sides until light brown. Remove chops and keep warm. Discard fat.
- Add onions to pan and sautÃÂÃÂ© until soft. Add sherry, reduce by one-third. Remove the onions and discard. Add apricots, brown sugar, parsley and butter; blend well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…