Pumpkin and Feta Salad
Member recipe by roobarb100
- 1kg peeled and seeded pumpkin, cut into 2cm chunks
- 5 large cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup (80g) pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 100g marinated feta
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan).
- Toss pumpking and unpeeled garlic cloves with 2 tbsp olive oil and place in a single layer in a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove garlic and turn pumpkin. Bake for a further 20 minutes, or until tender and edges are beginning to brown.
- For dressing, peel roasted garlic and place in a food processor. Add lemon juice and remaining olive oil and whiz to combine. (You can also use the oil from the marinated feta - if there are flavours and not just oil eg. safron and chilli marinated feta).
- Combine warm pumpkin with pine nuts, feta and spinach, then gently toss with dressing. Season to taste and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…