Rack of Australian lamb
Member recipe by mariabjo
- AUSTRALIAN LAMB
- 2-3 medium Australian lamb racks (7-8 bones per rack)
- SEASONING BLEND
- 2 teaspoons thyme, dry, whole
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- FRESH MINT BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 8 cups salad greens (optional), such as curly endive, frise or your favorite, washed
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over the meat.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Brown lamb on both sides for 3 minutes each side. Pour off fat from pan, but save any juices to make pan sauce later.
- Transfer lamb to roasting pan and roast, fat side up, in the middle of the oven for 13-15 minutes until the internal temperature is 130-135F for medium-rare. Remove racks to a warm platter and let rest for 10 minutes while you make the sauce.
- Set the original skillet back on a burner. Add stock and scrape up any browned pieces from the bottom of the pan. Reduce to about 1 tablespoon. Add vinegar and remove pan from heat and whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and mint to form vinaigrette. Cut the racks into individual chops and serve, topped with the sauce atop salad greens.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…