Points to remember
- Put the biscuits into a strong, clean plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Stir through the melted butter evenly.
- Alternatively, use a food processor to pulse the biscuits to a breadcrumb consistency, pour in the melted butter and combine well.
- Pour the crumbs into a loose-bottomed tin and smooth around with the back of a spoon. You can use a straight-sided glass to press in the crumbs and get an even finish.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour to set the butter before removing from the tin.
- Release the biscuit base from the tin by balancing it on a steady glass and easing down the sides. You can now add your filling. Chill again, if necessary, and serve.
HOW TO MAKE BISCUIT BASE
Make sure you chill until the biscuit base is firm before taking it out of the tin. You can even make the biscuit base the day before and chill overnight.