Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
This is the best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and the only basic cookie recipe you need, seriously. This one cookie recipe makes tons of other recipes.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter - Melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- STEP 1Place oats in a small food processor or blender and grind until they turn powdery. Place them in a medium-sized bowl and whisk in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- STEP 2Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. (No mixer needed - just use a wooden spoon or spatula!) Stir in vanilla, lemon juice, and eggs. Stir until smooth, then stir in flour mixture. Mixture may be slightly lumpy because of the ground oats. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- STEP 3Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Scoop 1/4 cupfuls of the dough into balls and place on the cookie sheet. You do not need to space them; this is just for chilling. Cover well with plastic wrap and chill at least 4 hours or overnight before baking.
- STEP 4Preheat oven to 190°C. Place cookies well spaced on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Slightly depress each ball with the palm of your hand.
- STEP 5Bake for 13-17 minutes. Do not over bake - these are best a bit under done.