Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Healthy Crunchy Honey Granola
- Preparation and cooking time
- Depending on how brown or crunchy you like it, you can mix again for the second time and leave in for an extra 5 mins for that extra crunch
- Serves 6
A simple recipe for healthy crunchy granola prepared quickly and effortlessly, add to fruits and yoghurt, or as a healthy alternative when you have a sweet tooth.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
- STEP 1Mix all ingredients together well and heat oven to 150 degrees Celsius (medium heat)
- STEP 2Use a baking tray and baking sheet (i prefer that so the honey doesn't stick or burn quickly on the tray) . Simply spread out on the tray evenly so its not in a big clump, don't be too fussy about this step the heat evens it out as the honey melts . bake for 10 minutes
- STEP 3Take the baking tray out of the oven and stir up the granola you will find some are browner that other parts, thats ok as the parts on the sheet have browned a little, just mix well and make sure all is evenly spread out and that there are no big clumps together and bake for another 10 minutes
- STEP 4Take out of oven and leave to cool , the longer you leave it the more crunchy it gets as honey hardens on the granola. When cooled, simply use your hands to break it up into desired size