Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Chip Hearts and Stars
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 25 to 30 cookies
Kids and adults alike will have loads of fun making and eating these light and scrumptious chocolate chip cookies.
- 100g/3oz butter
- 125g/4oz caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 200g/7oz plain flour
- 75g/2oz chocolate chips
- STEP 1Put the butter and sugar in a bowl. Using an electric beater, mix until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- STEP 2Add in the egg and vanilla essence. Beat until the ingredients are combined and the mixture looks smooth, but not creamy.
- STEP 3Sift and fold in the flour. Roll the dough into a ball. If feels too sticky, add upto 25g more flour. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- STEP 4Meanwhile, line 2 baking trays with parchment. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C/ fan 150 degrees C/ 338 degrees F.
- STEP 5Roll out the dough until it is 1cm thick. Use a 5cm by 6cm heart shaped cutter and a 5cm star cutter to stamp out lots of shapes. Lay them on the tray and gently press chocolate chips into each one.
- STEP 6Bake for 5 to 10 minutes until golden-brown and slightly soft. Set to cool and enjoy!