Pizza & Dough Balls Dish
Member recipe by ashtongallissaunders
A simple step-by-step guide, for a delicious Pizza and Dough Balls. For those with spicy taste-buds, this is a great Pizza dish. Quantities are large, so its great for parties and family get-together.
- 650g of Italian flour (strong, white flour)
- 7g Sachet of easy-blend Yeast
- 1.5tbsp Salt
- 18ml Olive Oil
- 30ml Warm Milk
- 250ml Warm Water
- Tomato Puree
- Grated Cheese
- Chicken Breast Strips
- Sliced Olives
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Garlic & Onion Dip
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- A Wooden Spoon
- A Tea Towel
- A Chopping Board
- A Rolling Pin
- 2 Plates
- An Olive Dish (A very small bowl, for the Garlic & Onion Sauce)
- The Base: Get one of your mixing bowls. Mix the Flour, Yeast and Salt together, in the bowl. Then, with your wooden spoon, stir the Olive Oil and Milk in. Gradually add the water, bit by bit, and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Flour a clean surface. Then knead the dough on this surface. To knead dough you do three things: Fold, Push and Turn. This means Fold the dough over, push the dough down and then turn it 90 degrees, then do this again. Do this process for approximately 6-8 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic. You will know it is ready when you can lightly push it with one finger, and it fairly slowly springs back up. When this process is complete transfer it to your second clean bowl and place a clean, damp tea towel over it. Leave it to rise for approximately 40 minutes. Clean all used equipment whilst waiting.
- Preheat oven, to a high setting. When the dough has risen; flour the surface and knead until smooth again; then roll it out on your clean, floured chopping board with a rolling pin. Roll it out to the size of a large pizza base, then roll the left overs in to dough balls. Lastly if you want to, roll over the sides of the pizza base, to form a crust.
- Toppings: Spread the Tomato Puree on the base then sprinkle the Grated Cheese on top. Then top with the remaining toppings: Pepperoni, Chicken Breast Strips, Sliced Olives, Jalapeno Peppers (quantites of your choice). When you have finished, place the pizza and dough balls directly in the centre of the oven (without a baking tray). Bake the pizza until the base is crispy and golden brown. The dough balls should take shorter to cook, depending on the size. Clean all used equipment whilst waiting.
- The preparation: When the dough balls are ready (the pizza will still have longer to bake) take the dough balls out of the oven and put them on your first plate. Put the Garlic and Onion Sauce in your Olive Dish and place on the same plate, beside the dough balls. When the pizza is ready, place it on your second plate and serve immediately (when pizza is hot). Serve both plates together, as a whole dish. Serves 2-3.