Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Avocado Cheese on Toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Amazingly simple – and SO tasty! You’ll love this sensational snack.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 50g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 thick slices of granary bread
- STEP 1Preheat the grill
- STEP 2Mash the avocado flesh in a bowl with a fork. Stir in the cheese and season with a little black pepper (it’s unlikely that you’ll need any salt)
- STEP 3Toast the slices of bread on one side only, turn them over and spread the avocado mixture thickly on top. Return to the grill and toast until the cheese starts to brown. Serve at once