South-Indian Green curry
Member recipe by naaz_jazz
This is a unique family recipe for a simple curry that can be made by beginners.
- Garlic -50gms
- Fresh coriander leaves-50gms
- Fresh mint leaves-50gms
- Fresh long green chillies -3 to 4
- White onions 2
- Fresh chicken drumsticks and bony thighs-1kg
- Bay leaves -3 to 4
- Cloves- 3 to 4
- Whole black pepper - 5 to 6
- Star Aniseed -2 to 3
- Turmeric powder - Half a teaspoon
- Vegetable oil - 1tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Wash the chicken and marinate it for an hour with salt and turmeric powder.
- In a food processor,make the green curry paste as follows : Grind together the garlic,ginger,green chillies,corriander and mint leaves ,green chillies and onion halves with a dash of water till you get a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan,add bay leaves,cloves,whole black pepper,star aniseed,stir for just half a minute. Then add the green curry paste,saute it for about 1minute.
- Mix one pint of warm water with the dessicated coconut powder in a separate bowl,stir till no lumps remain,and pour this into the pan.(Leave a tablespoon cocnut cream aside for garnishing)Stir till you get a smooth,even,green consistency for a minute
- Add the marinated chicken,stir slightly ,cover and cook on medium heat for 30minutes with occasional stirring
- Garnish with a swirl of fresh single cream and coriander leaf. Serve hot with Turmeric Basmati rice and mini Naans