Sweet potato and chickpea curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1/2 a large sweet onion, chopped.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 250g spinach
- 1/2 cup of water
- STEP 1Peel, chop and steam/boil the sweet potatoes until tender.
- STEP 2While the sweet potatoes are cooking sauté the onions in the vegetable oil. When the onions are soft add the spices and stir.
- STEP 3Add the tomatoes and chick peas and stir in. Add the water and simmer for several minutes.
- STEP 4Roughly chop the spinach and add in a handful at a time. When the spinach has wilted add the sweet potatoes and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with basmati rice