Indian Swanky Potatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Ingredients: 1.5 tbsp Sunflower/olive oil 2 Medium sized peeled and diced potatoes Half a shallot OR a quarter onion Sprinkle of fresh or dried curry leaves (or about 10-15 leaves in total) 1 teaspoon mustard seeds 1/8th teaspoon of turmeric (very small touch) quarter teaspoon salt Fresh coriander for garnish Delicious Indian recipe that is very easy to prepare and make. Generally would be served as a side dish and can be served with any grilled chicken to lamb or just eaten with a wrap, rice or salad. Tastes delicious!
- 1.5tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- half a shallot or quarter onion finely cut
- sprinkle of curry leaves (about 10-15)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- touch of tumeric (less than a quarter teaspoon)
- quarter teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle of fresh coriander (for garnish)
- STEP 1Add the wok into the frying pan, allow to heat up.
- STEP 2Add the mustard seeds, when they start to pop add the curry leaves.
- STEP 3Then add the shallot and stir.
- STEP 4Add the tumeric and salt and stir well.
- STEP 5Once shallot is starting to soften add the potatoes and stir. Stir regularly to help the potatoes to cook evenly.
- STEP 6After about 7-10 minutes the potatoes should be cooked through. Serve and garnish with fresh coriander.