Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Another Festive Drink that will have you in the Christmas spirit!
- Apple Cider (alcoholic Version) or Apple Juice (The Sober Variety)
- 3 Gala Apples
- 1 Large Orange
- Ground Ginger (Spice will do!)
- Vanilla Pod (If you are adventurous but Vanilla Extract works just as well and comes in larger quantities to make more)
- Cinnamon Sticks
- STEP 1Take the orange peel it and stud it with cloves (13 is enough) dice up 3 small apples and sprinkle them with sugar roast them at 180c in the oven for 30-40 minutes
- STEP 2Place the apple juice/cider in a saucepan add the orange peels vanilla extract, 2 Cinnamon sticks, orange peel, nutmeg and ground ginger, simmer slowly until warm
- STEP 3When roasted add to the apple juice/cider and spice mixture and simmer until hot
- STEP 4Pour and serve pop a cinnamon stick in the glass with some of the roasted apple slices and one clove stick
- STEP 5Some brandy can also be added into the alcoholic mix for an extra kick