- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
A tasty and hearty dinner done on the cheap!
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 25g butter
- 200g lambsâ liver, chopped
- 200goz bacon, chopped
- 400g can baked beans
- 400g kidney beans, drained
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 1-2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 beef stock cube made up to Â½ pint
- Â½ pint apple juice
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- STEP 2Brown the onions in the butter in a frying pan for about 5 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- STEP 3Add the liver and fry gently until sealed, about 10 minutes. Add the bacon and brown for 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Transfer the meat and onion mix to a casserole dish. Add the baked beans, kidney beans, carrots and celery, and stir well. Add the mixed herbs, beef stock and apple juice and stir.
- STEP 5Cook in the casserole dish (with lid on) in the oven for 90 minutes. Check that it doesn't dry out during cooking.