Pan-Fried Cheese Toastie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 2
- 25g (2oz) butter
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 100g (3oz) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives
- 100g (3oz) ham, chopped
- STEP 1Butter the bread and arrange the cheese and ham over half of the slices, buttered side down.
- STEP 2Sprinkle over the chives and cover with the remaining slices, buttered side up.
- STEP 3Preheat a frying pan and cook the sandwiches for 2 mins on each side, until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- STEP 4Cut into triangles and serve.