Pan-Fried Cheese Toastie
Member recipe by jackodonovan
It's as simple as a toasted sandwich but it tastes better! In this recipe you don't need to put in the ham or the chives but you can add extra ingredients (onions etc.)
- 25g (2oz) butter
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 100g (3oz) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives
- 100g (3oz) ham, chopped
- Butter the bread and arrange the cheese and ham over half of the slices, buttered side down.
- Sprinkle over the chives and cover with the remaining slices, buttered side up.
- Preheat a frying pan and cook the sandwiches for 2 mins on each side, until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Cut into triangles and serve.