- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
This is an easy cook for brunch or snack time. It only requires easily-purchased ingredients so you could make it anytime you want.
- 2 strips of smoked ham
- 2 slices of Gardenia Wheat bread
- 1 large egg
- Milk (Preferrably low-fat of any brand)
- 1 drop Vanilla extract
- Butter for frying
- Mayonnaise for spread
- Mustard for spread
- 2 slices of cheese (Mozarella or any kind of cheese)
- Bacon is optional
- Icing sugar for garnish
- Strawberry jam
- STEP 1For the egg batter, mix the egg, milk and vanilla.
- STEP 2Make a sandwich by putting mayonnaise, mustard, cheese, ham, bacon and cheese in between two slices of wheat bread. Soak the outer part of the sandwich into the egg batter. Make sure that the batter is absorbed by the bread.
- STEP 3Heat up the pan in medium heat and melt the butter. Put only enough butter that would grease the pan. Make sure not to put too much.
- STEP 4Brown both sides of the sandwich.
- STEP 5For serving, you can cut the sandwich diagonally. Apply the jam and sprinkle the icing sugar.