Vegetable Fried Rice With Tofu
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Fried rice origin is lost to history , but believed that it's origin lies in China . This fried rice I share today is a fusion of both Chinese and Indian cuisines . Simple Fried rice and a easy way to re utilize left over rice or veggies . Its even healthy as all the veggies are half boiled and I used less oil (contrast to original recipe) and less sodium soy sauce and especially it is homemade
- Rice 1 cup cooked
- Chopped spring onions 1/4 cup
- Garlic minced / chopped 2 table spoons
- Mixed veggies half boiled (green beans, green peas, carrots ) 1 cup
- Tofu (soft) chopped 1/2 cup
- Pepper powder for taste
- Garlic powder 1 teaspoon (optional )
- Salt a little
- Soya sauce 1 table spoon
- Chilli sauce 1 table spoon
- Sesame seed Oil 2 table spoons
- STEP 1Heat a wok or saute pan , add oil, when ready throw in spring onions and garlic pieces
- STEP 2When garlic pieces turn light brown add in the mixed veggies, fry for 4 to 5 minutes.Now add in tofu pieces
- STEP 3When tofu starts golden browning , add rice, sauces, a little salt , pepper powder,garlic powder and toss well carefully .
- STEP 4Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot .
- STEP 5NOTES: 1) You can add broccoli , snap peas instead of peas as original fried rice uses snap peas, meat chunks, asparagus , capsicum 2) You can omit garlic powder , instead add more garlic pieces. 3) Use sesame seed oil instead of your routine oil for extra flavor Fish sauce, eggs, or any Chinese sauce according to your taste can be added for extra taste 4) Rice should be cold , or left over to get best texture to the fried rice, freshly done rice becomes mushy . 5) Use a large wok or saute pan , remember your pan should be hot enough .