- STEP 1
Heat a wok or saute pan , add oil, when ready throw in spring onions and garlic pieces
- STEP 2
When garlic pieces turn light brown add in the mixed veggies, fry for 4 to 5 minutes.Now add in tofu pieces
- STEP 3
When tofu starts golden browning , add rice, sauces, a little salt , pepper powder,garlic powder and toss well carefully .
- STEP 4
Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot .
- STEP 5
1) You can add broccoli , snap peas instead of peas as original fried rice uses snap peas, meat chunks, asparagus , capsicum
2) You can omit garlic powder , instead add more garlic pieces.
3) Use sesame seed oil instead of your routine oil for extra flavor
Fish sauce, eggs, or any Chinese sauce according to your taste can be added for extra taste
4) Rice should be cold , or left over to get best texture to the fried rice, freshly done rice becomes mushy .
5) Use a large wok or saute pan , remember your pan should be hot enough .