Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Homemade Sausage Rolls
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 16-20
Homemade sausage rolls with a kick
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 450g/1lb sausage meat
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 450g/1lb ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/400F/Gas 6. In a large bowl add the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, thyme and sausage meat and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- STEP 2Roll the puff pastry out into a large rectangle, then cut into two long rectangles.
- STEP 3Place a layer of sausage meat mixture down the middle of each pastry rectangle, then brush each with beaten egg on one edge.
- STEP 4Fold the other side of the pastry over onto the egg-washed edge. Press down to seal and trim any excess. Cut each pastry roll into 8-10 small sausage rolls. Make two scores gently across the top of each roll.
- STEP 5Place the sausage rolls onto a baking tray and transfer to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crisp and golden and the sausage meat is completely cooked through.