- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12
Flapjacks using very little syrup
- 100g dates
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 70ml set honey, 2 tbls golden syrup
- 70g horlicks, 1tsp cinnamon
- 20 drops of orange oil
- 50g seeds
- 150g porridge oats
- 100g mix of plain flour and gram flour
- 50g chopped apricots, 50g other dried fruit
- 100ml prune juice,
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 200C (180C fan)/400F/gas mark 6. Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- STEP 2Simmer the dates and prune juice for three minutes.
- STEP 3Blend with the rapeseed oil until smooth. Add the honey, syrup, horlicks, orange oil and cinnamon, and pulse until smooth.
- STEP 4Toast the seeds in a dry frying pan, then mix together in a bowl with the oats, flour, dried fruit.
- STEP 5Pour in the date mixture and stir until combined.
- STEP 6Divide between the holes in the prepared tin and decorate. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn out once cooled.