Quorn Spaghetti Bolognese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
This Quorn speghetti bolognese recipe is suitable for both vegetarians and those who just love Quorn!
- 350g Quorn Mince,
- 2 tbsp olive oil,
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 200g mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 200ml boiling water
- 100ml red wine
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried majoram
350g spaghetti (dried)fresh basil leaves, torn, for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Italian style hard cheese shavings to serve
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, carrot, celery and garlic gently for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes more.
- STEP 2Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, red wine, dried herbs, tomato ketchup and vegetable stock. Cover and simmer gently for a further 8-10 minutes. Stir in the Quorn mince continue to cook over a low heat while you cook the spaghetti as per pack instructions, season to taste.
- STEP 3Drain the spaghetti, spoon the bolognese sauce over the top and serve, sprinkle with some basil leaves and Parmesan or vegetarian Italian hard cheese shavings.