Zesty roast salmon & cod
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 45 minutes, plus 1-2 hrs marinating
- Serves 8
Roasting is a foolproof way of cooking fish. This salmon dish stays sweet and moist – a great main for a dinner party
- 800g thick skinless boneless salmon fillet , cut into 8
- 800g thick skinless boneless cod loin, cut into 8
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 oranges , zest and juice
- 85g raisin
- 3 red peppers , halved, seeded and each half cut into 3
- 3 orange peppers , halved, seeded and each half cut into 3
- 50g pine nut
- large handful flatleaf parsley , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Place the fish in a large bowl, add 2 tbsp of the olive oil, orange zest and season well. Carefully toss the fish to coat, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Put the raisins into a small bowl, pour over the orange juice and set to one side. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- STEP 2
Place the peppers in a large shallow, ovenproof pan (approx 35cm diameter) or large shallow roasting tray and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Season, toss together and roast in the oven for 30 mins. Toast the pine nuts on a baking tray on another shelf of the oven for 8-10 mins, until golden.
- STEP 3
Arrange the fish and raisins on top of the peppers and pour over the juices. Scatter the pine nuts over and season with a good pinch of salt. Cook in the oven for 12-15 mins until the fish is just cooked through. Scatter with parsley and bring to the table.