Wholewheat pasta with broccoli & almonds
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and sliced (add extra chilli if you like)
- 3 garlic cloves , thinly sliced
- 250g wholewheat spaghetti
- 300g thin-stemmed broccoli , cut into pieces
- zest 1 lemon
- 25g flaked toasted almond
- parmesan shavings (or vegetarian alternative), to serve
- STEP 1
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the chilli and garlic, and cook on a low heat until golden. Remove from the heat.
- STEP 2
Add the pasta to the water and cook following pack instructions. In the final 4 mins of cooking, add the broccoli. Once cooked, drain and tip into the garlic pan. Add the lemon zest and almonds, and toss together well. Serve in bowls, topped with Parmesan shavings.