Welsh goat's cheese & leek tart
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large leeks , sliced
- 2 rashers back bacon , chopped
- 1 x 210g sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 2 slices firm Welsh goat's cheese , from a 100g log (we used Pant-Ysgawn Farm organic goat’s cheese)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the oil in a frying pan, then soften the leeks for 5 mins. Add the bacon, cook for a further 5 mins, season, then tip onto a plate to cool.
- STEP 2
Unroll the pastry and cut out two 12 x 18cm rectangles – save or freeze the rest for another time. Lift onto a baking sheet. Using the tip of a sharp knife, mark a border inside each one, about 1.5cm from the edge.
- STEP 3
Mix the crème fraîche and mustard together, then spread over the inside of the pastry frames. Spoon the leek and bacon mix over the mustard mix, then place the goat’s cheese on top. Bake for 15-20 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden. Serve with salad.