Watercress & celeriac soup with goat's cheese croutons
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 4 leeks , washed and sliced
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 celeriac , peeled and diced
- 1 ½l vegetable stock
- 2 x bags watercress
- 6 slices toasted baguette
- 100g soft vegetarian goat's cheese
- a few sprigs watercress , to serve
- STEP 1
Gently cook the leeks in the butter and olive oil until soft but not coloured. Add the celeriac and stock, bring to the boil and simmer until the celeriac is soft. Add the bags of watercress and blend until smooth, then season. Cool. Will freeze for up to 3 months.
- STEP 2
To serve, defrost the soup in the fridge overnight, then tip into a saucepan and reheat. Top each toasted baguette slice with some goat’s cheese, then add a slice to each bowl with a sprig of watercress.