Warm lemon & thyme chicken salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into strips
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried or a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp oil
- 150g bag of mixed salad leaves or 2 heads of Little Gem, pulled apart
- 1 small red onion , halved and thinly sliced
- squeeze of garlic paste or 1 garlic clove , crushed
- handful pitted black olives , halved
- STEP 1
Put the chicken pieces into a bowl, add the lemon zest, thyme, plenty of black pepper and salt to taste, then mix well with your hands. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan then fry the chicken for 8-10 mins, until golden and cooked through. Meanwhile, spread the leaves and onion over a large platter or in a big salad bowl.
- STEP 2
Add the garlic paste and olives to the pan, then fry for 1 min more. Spoon the chicken and olives onto the leaves. Take the pan off the heat then add the rest of the oil and lemon juice. Stir together well, scraping off any bits from the bottom of the pan. Check the seasoning, then pour over the chicken and salad. Serve with crusty bread.