- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
Oval in shape with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile…
- 1 tsp dried or a few sprigs of fresh thyme
This popular herb grows in Europe, especially the Mediterranean, and is a member of the mint…
- 3 tbsp oil
- 150g bag of mixed salad leaves or 2 heads of Little Gem, pulled apart
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- squeeze of garlic paste or 1 garlic clove, crushed
- handful pitted black olives, halved
Widely grown all over the Mediterranean, where they've been cultivated since biblical times…
Put the chicken pieces into a bowl, add the lemon zest, thyme, plenty of black pepper and salt to taste, then mix well with your hands. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan then fry the chicken for 8-10 mins, until golden and cooked through. Meanwhile, spread the leaves and onion over a large platter or in a big salad bowl.
Add the garlic paste and olives to the pan, then fry for 1 min more. Spoon the chicken and olives onto the leaves. Take the pan off the heat then add the rest of the oil and lemon juice. Stir together well, scraping off any bits from the bottom of the pan. Check the seasoning, then pour over the chicken and salad. Serve with crusty bread.
Make it no-cookPull 4 cooked chicken breasts (or one whole rotisserie chicken) into bite-size pieces and mix with the olives, salad leaves and onions. Whisk together the lemon zest and juice, thyme, oil and garlic paste. Season and drizzle over.