Warm chorizo & chickpea salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 280g pack cooking chorizo , sliced
- 1 large red onion , finely sliced
- 2 red peppers , deseeded and cut into strips
- 400g can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 12 semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 100g bag rocket , to serve
- STEP 1
In a large frying pan, dry-fry the chorizo until golden for about 10 mins, then use a slotted spoon to scoop it from the pan and set aside.
- STEP 2
Add the onion and peppers to the pan and soften in the chorizo fat for 10 mins. Stir in the chickpeas and tomatoes, warming through.
- STEP 3
Pour in the red wine vinegar and season. Serve in bowls with handfuls of rocket on top.