Vegetable tagine with almond & chickpea couscous
- Preparation and cooking time
- Ready in 35 mins
- Serves 4
- 400g pack shallot, peeled and cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large butternut squash, about 1.25kg/2 lb 12oz, peeled, deseeded and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 450ml strong-flavoured vegetable stock
- 12 small pitted prunes
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped mint, plus extra for spinkling
For the couscous
- STEP 1
Fry the shallots in the oil for 5 mins until they are softening and browned. Add the squash and spices, and stir for 1 min. Pour in the stock, season well, then add the prunes and honey. Cover and simmer for 8 mins.
- STEP 2
Add the peppers and cook for 8-10 mins until just tender. Stir in the coriander and mint.
- STEP 3
Pour 400ml boiling water over the couscous in a bowl, then stir in the harissa with ½ tsp salt. Tip in the chickpeas, then cover and leave for 5 mins. Fluff up with a fork and serve with the tagine, flaked almonds and extra mint.