Turkey & pepper pittas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g turkey breast steak , cut into strips
- pinch chilli flakes
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper , deseeded and cut into strips
- 3 spring onions , trimmed and sliced
- 1 avocado , stoned, peeled and sliced
- handful coriander leaves
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads , toasted and halved to form pockets
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and fry the turkey and chilli flakes for 5-6 mins. Add the peppers and spring onions and stir-fry until the turkey is cooked but the peppers still have crunch. Season.
- STEP 2
Divide the avocado and coriander between the pitta halves, then spoon in the turkey and pepper mix. Add a dollop of soured cream to each and serve straight away.