Turkey cobb salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus cooling
- Serves 8
Enjoy this turkey cobb salad as a healthy party platter to use up Christmas leftovers. It's full of vibrant flavours like pancetta, avocado, eggs, chicory and tomatoes
- 6 large eggs
- 50g (about 7) thin slices pancetta
- 50ml rapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 small garlic clove , finely grated
- 500g cooked turkey breast, sliced
- 3 heads of mixed chicory , leaves separated
- 2 medium avocados , peeled, stoned and sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes , quartered
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- STEP 1
Cook the eggs in a large pan of boiling water for 8 mins. Drain, transfer to a bowl of cold water and leave to cool.
- STEP 2
Heat the grill to high. Put the pancetta on a baking sheet lined with foil and grill for 3-4 mins, or until crisp. Pat with kitchen paper to remove any excess oil and leave to cool.
- STEP 3
Whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, parsley and garlic together. Peel and halve the eggs.
- STEP 4
Arrange the turkey, chicory, avocado, tomatoes, pancetta and eggs on a large platter. Drizzle over the dressing, season and serve with the seeds on the side for sprinkling over.