Trout with almonds & red peppers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 large red pepper , deseeded and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes , roughly chopped, or handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil , plus a little extra
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 trout fillets, about 140g each
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- lemon wedges and rocket salad, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Tip the pepper, tomatoes, garlic, oil and vinegar into a roasting tin, then toss them together. Roast for 20 mins, then make a space in the roasting tin for the trout fillets, scattering with the almonds and a little salt and pepper.
- STEP 2
Return to the oven for a further 10-15 mins, until the fish is cooked and the almonds lightly toasted. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over and a rocket salad on the side.