Tropical muesli bowls
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4 with plenty of leftover muesli
This is just the thing to lift your spirits in
- 50g butter , plus extra for greasing
- 125ml clear honey (acacia is good)
- 300g jumbo rolled oats
- 85g mixed nuts (e.g. macadamia and flaked almonds)
- 50g desiccated or flaked coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 85g mixed dried fruits (e.g. cranberries and raisins)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped crystallised ginger (optional)
- STEP 1
Place the butter, honey and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan, then melt over a medium heat. Tip the rolled oats, mixed nuts, coconut and vanilla into a large bowl, then pour over the melted butter mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
- STEP 2
Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Lightly grease a large baking tray with butter. Tip the muesli mixture onto the tray and spread out until evenly covered. Bake in the oven for 10 mins, then use a spoon to carefully toss the mixture around. Take special care to get into the corners as these may be starting to brown. Cook for 5-10 mins more until the mixture turns a light golden brown. Now mix through the dried fruits and ginger, if using. Leave to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
- STEP 3
To serve, spoon the yogurt into 4 serving bowls. Peel the mango and, cutting around the stone, thinly slice. Put into bowls along with the blueberries, then scatter over the crunchy muesli.