Tortellini with ricotta, spinach & bacon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 250g pack filled tortellini (we used ricotta & spinach)
- 2 rashers lean back bacon
- 25g walnut pieces
- zest ½ lemon , juice of 1
- 1 tbsp finely grated parmesan , plus extra for serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil , plus extra for serving
- 100g bag salad spinach
- 2 tbsp ricotta
- STEP 1
Heat the grill. Boil the pasta according to pack instructions, then tip into a colander and cool under gently running water. Meanwhile, grill the bacon on a baking tray until golden and crisp at the edges. When almost ready, tip the walnuts onto the tray to toast a little. Snip the bacon into strips.
- STEP 2
Mix the lemon zest and juice, Parmesan and oil in a large bowl. Season with pepper, then tip in the spinach, tortellini, bacon and walnuts. Toss well, add the ricotta in small blobs, then gently toss. Season to taste, then serve with a drizzle more oil and more Parmesan, if you like.