Tomato salad with sizzled chorizo vinaigrette
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Show of your garden glut with a rainbow salad of different tomato varieties finished with cannellini beans, red onion and a spicy chorizo dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion , quartered and sliced
- 85g chorizo , skinned and finely chopped
- 250g mixed tomatoes – sliced, halved or quartered, depending on size (red, gold, green and yellow look good together)
- 400g can cannellini beans , drained
- 1 avocado , stoned, peeled and sliced
- good handful baby spinach
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- crusty bread , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat half the oil in a small pan, add the onion and chorizo, and cook over a low heat until the oil starts to be released from the sausage.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, tip the tomatoes, beans, avocado and spinach into a salad bowl – but keep an eye on the chorizo to ensure that it doesn’t burn.
- STEP 3
Add the remaining oil to the pan with the vinegar, garlic and oregano, then stand back as it will sizzle quite violently. Remove from the heat, pour on top of the salad and toss well. Serve with crusty bread.