- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus chilling
- Serves 6
- 3 tbsp tikka paste
- 500g tub yogurt
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- thumb-size piece fresh root ginger , finely grated
- 250g bag small new potatoes
- 300g paneer cheese, cut into chunks
- 3 red onions , peeled and sliced into wedges through the root
- 2 red peppers , deseeded and cut into chunks
- 5 tbsp mango chutney
- small pack mint leaves, leaves picked
- 250g bag salad leaves
- 12 chapatis
- STEP 1
Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for 30 mins (this helps to stop them burning). In a large bowl, mix together the tikka paste with half of the yogurt, the cumin, ginger and seasoning. Boil the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 7 mins, then drain well and tip into the tikka mixture with the paneer. Gently mix into the marinade, then chill for at least 2 hrs to take on flavour.
- STEP 2
To assemble the kebabs, alternately thread the marinated potatoes and paneer onto the skewers with the onions and peppers, then cover on a tray until you are ready to barbecue.
- STEP 3
Heat the barbecue or a grill. Mix the mango chutney into the remaining yogurt, and the mint leaves into the salad leaves. Barbecue or grill the kebabs for 10-15 mins, turning, until the veg are charred and softened. With a few minutes to go, add the chapattis to the barbecue in batches to warm through. Serve the kebabs with the minty salad, cooling mango yogurt and chapattis, and let everyone assemble their own wraps.