Thin-stemmed broccoli with hoisin sauce & fried shallots
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- vegetable oil , for shallow frying
- 4 shallots , thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove , thinly sliced
- 500g thin-stemmed broccoli
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- STEP 1
Heat 2.5cm of oil in a small saucepan until a small piece of bread sizzles. Add the shallots and garlic, and fry for about 2 mins or until golden. Drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle with salt.
- STEP 2
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the broccoli and blanch for 5-10 mins until just cooked, then drain. Serve immediately on a large platter drizzled with the hoisin sauce and sprinkled with the fried garlic and shallots.