Easy Thai beef salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus resting
- Serves 2
- 300g rump steak , trimmed of fat
- 2 tsp groundnut oil
- juice 1 lime
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and sliced (bird's-eye chillies work well)
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 85g bag baby leaf salad
- 140g beansprouts
- 140g red grapes , halved
- steamed rice , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Rub the steak with 1 tsp oil and season. Fry in a hot pan for 2-2½ mins each side (depending on thickness), for medium rare. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 mins.
- STEP 2
Make the dressing by mixing the lime juice, chilli, sugar and remaining oil in a bowl. Set aside until the sugar dissolves.
- STEP 3
Divide the salad leaves, beansprouts and grapes between 2 serving bowls. Thinly slice the steak and add the juices to the dressing. Drizzle this over the salads, toss with the sliced beef and serve immediately with rice, if you like.