Sunshine Cobb salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 large egg
- 400g can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 red, orange or yellow pepper , deseeded and diced
- thumb-sized piece cucumber , diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 198g can sweetcorn , drained
- 150g pack cooked prawns
- handful of watercress
For the chilli-lime dressing
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil
- STEP 1
Bring a small pan of water to the boil. Add the egg and cook for 8 mins. Drain, then run under cold water to cool.
- STEP 2
To assemble the salad, arrange the remaining ingredients in 2 containers. When the egg is cool, peel and quarter it and divide between the containers too.
- STEP 3
Mix together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and transfer to 2 mini jars or containers to take with the salads to work. Dress and toss together just before eating.