Summer chicken one-pot
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 rashers streaky bacon , chopped
- 400ml stock
- 500g bag baby new potatoes , halved
- 200g pack full fat soft cheese
- 200g broad beans , podded
- 200g sweetcorn (frozen, fresh or from a can)
- 200g cherry tomatoes , halved
- STEP 1
Dust the chicken in the flour and some seasoning. Heat the oil in a lidded pan and brown the chicken, in batches if needed, then transfer to a plate. Throw in the bacon and fry for 5 mins, until crisp.
- STEP 2
Return the chicken to the pan. Add the stock, cover and simmer for 30 mins, adding the potatoes after 10 mins.
- STEP 3
Make sure the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender, then stir in the cheese, the rest of the vegetables and some seasoning. Simmer for 5 mins more, uncovered, then serve.