- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 2 large leeks, well washed, halved lengthways and finely sliced
Like garlic and onion, leeks are a member of the allium family, but have their own distinct…
- 700g carrots, chopped
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 1.4l hot reduced-salt vegetable bouillon (we used Marigold)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans in water
Slightly kidney-shaped with squarish ends, cannellini beans are from Italy and are creamy white…
- 2/3 small pack tarragon, leaves roughly chopped
A popular and versatile herb, tarragon has an intense flavour that's a unique mix of sweet…
Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large pan and fry the leeks and carrots for 5 mins to soften.
Pour over the stock, stir in the garlic, the beans with their liquid, and three-quarters of the tarragon, then cover and simmer for 15 mins or until the veg is just tender. Stir in the remaining tarragon before serving.