Summer carrot, tarragon & white bean soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 large leeks , well washed, halved lengthways and finely sliced
- 700g carrots , chopped
- 1.4l hot reduced-salt vegetable bouillon (we used Marigold)
- 4 garlic cloves , finely grated
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans in water
- ⅔ small pack tarragon , leaves roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large pan and fry the leeks and carrots for 5 mins to soften.
- STEP 2
Pour over the stock, stir in the garlic, the beans with their liquid, and three-quarters of the tarragon, then cover and simmer for 15 mins or until the veg is just tender. Stir in the remaining tarragon before serving.