Summer baked plaice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 500g baby new potatoes , well scrubbed and halved if large
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 140g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 100g pack asparagus , trimmed
- 2 plaice fillets, 140g each
- juice ½ lemon
- knob of butter
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the potatoes in a large roasting tin and drizzle with the oil. Season and roast for 20-25 mins.
- STEP 2
Take the roasting tin out of the oven, turn the potatoes over and add the tomatoes and asparagus, nestling among the potatoes.
- STEP 3
Place the fish on top and squeeze over the lemon. Top each fillet with a smear of butter, season and return to the oven for a further 10-12 mins or until the fish is cooked and the vegetables are tender.