- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 210g can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 large lime, zest and juice of ½ , the other ½ cut into wedges
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 3 tomatoes, diced
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 1 banana shallot, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- generous handful coriander, chopped, plus a few extra leaves
- 85g feta
A creamy soft white cheese with an ancient history - nomadic tribes who needed to preserve the…
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, stoned and peeled
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
Put the cumin seeds in a small pan on the hob and lightly toast. Tip into a large bowl and mix with the beans, lime zest and juice, tomatoes, shallot, chilli and coriander. Crumble in the feta and gently toss.
Serve on top of the avocado halves, scattering with a few extra coriander leaves and squeezing over a little extra lime from the wedges.