Stripy hummus salad jars
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- 6 jars
- 140g frozen soya beans or peas
- 200g tub hummus (reserve 2 tbsp for the dressing)
- 2 red peppers (or a mixture of colours) finely chopped
- Half cucumber , finely chopped
- 200g cherry tomatoes , quartered
- 2 large carrots
- small pack basil
- 2 large carrots , peeled and grated
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
For the dressing
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp hummus (from the tub, above)
- STEP 1
First make the dressing. Put the ingredients in a jam jar with 1 tbsp water. Screw on the lid and shake well. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the beans or peas and cook for 1 min until tender. Drain and run under cold water until cool. Divide the remaining hummus between 6 large jam jars. Top with the drained soya beans or peas, peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, basil leaves, carrots and pumpkin seeds, if using. Screw on the lids and chill until needed. Will keep in the fridge for 24 hrs.
- STEP 3
When ready to serve, pass around the jars and let everyone pour over a little dressing.