Strawberry shortbread frozen yogurt
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus at least 4 hrs freezing, no cook
- Serves 8 - 10
- 550g strawberries , hulled
- 500g pot Greek yogurt
- 397g can condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 200ml double cream
- 8 shortbread biscuits , crushed (optional)
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried strawberry pieces (optional, available from Waitrose, Sainsbury’s or online)
- STEP 1
Put 400g strawberries in a food processor and blitz to a smooth purée. Chop the remaining strawberries into small pieces and set aside. Add the yogurt, condensed milk and vanilla to the processor and whizz again to combine.
- STEP 2
Pour the cream into a bowl and lightly whip until it’s just holding its shape. Add roughly one-third of the strawberry mixture, fold together with a spatula, then add the remaining strawberry mixture and the chopped strawberries and mix again.
- STEP 3
Pour half into a freezer-proof container, scatter over half the shortbread pieces, if using, and half the freeze-dried strawberries, then cover with the remaining yogurt mixture, crushed shortbread and freeze- dried strawberries. Freeze for at least 4 hrs until solid. Remove from the freezer 10-15 mins before scooping. Freeze for up to 2 months.