Sticky gammon steaks
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 100g bulgur wheat
- 150ml hot chicken stock (made from ½ a stock cube)
- 1 tbsp olive oil , plus a drizzle for frying
- 2 gammon steaks
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 apple , cut into matchsticks or grated
- 2 celery sticks, finely sliced
- pot of cress
- juice ½ lemon
- STEP 1
Tip the bulgur wheat into a bowl, pour over the hot chicken stock, cover with cling film and set aside for 15-20 mins. Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan, add the gammon steaks and cook for 5-7 mins on each side until cooked through and starting to brown. Add the honey to the pan and add a splash of water, move the gammon around until it is coated in the sauce then leave to bubble for 1-2 mins until sticky.
- STEP 2
Unwrap the bulgur wheat and fluff up with a fork. Add the olive oil, apple, celery, cress, lemon juice and some seasoning and mix everything together. Serve the gammon with the bulgur salad and any juices from the pan poured over.