Steak burrito bowl
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 fillet steak , approx 250g
- 1 sachet fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g Mexican-style rice pouch
- 2 roasted red peppers , sliced
- 1 lemon , ½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges
- ½ small pack parsley , roughly chopped, to serve
- yogurt , to serve
- STEP 1
Coat the steak with half of the fajita seasoning and 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Heat a frying pan over a high heat and add the steak, cook for 2 mins on each side for medium rare, remove from the pan and set aside.
- STEP 2
Turn down the heat to medium and add the remaining oil to the pan. Tip in the rest of the fajita seasoning, the rice and red peppers. Stir well so everything is coated and cook for 2 mins, until hot through. Add a splash of water if it starts to stick. Add the lemon juice, stir through half the parsley and season.
- STEP 3
Cut the steak into strips. Tip the rice into bowls and top each with the steak and a dollop of yogurt. Scatter with parsley and serve with a lemon wedge.