Spicy mini meatloaves
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
These freezer-friendly meatloaves are packed full of iron and are low-fat to boot
- 1kg lean minced beef
- 100g white breadcrumbs
- 3 spring onions , trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp Tabasco sauce , optional
- handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes , halved
- 6-8 tbsp chilli sauce (we used Linghams), optional
- vegetable oil , for greasing
- STEP 1
Mix together beef, breadcrumbs, spring onions, garlic, eggs, cumin, Tabasco, coriander and some seasoning until combined. Be careful not to over-mix or the meatloaves will be tough.
- STEP 2
Divide the mixture into 8. Use your hands to shape each one into a small oval, like a mini meatloaf. Arrange 3 cherry tomatoes on top of each, then drizzle over the chilli sauce, if using. Cook or freeze in airtight plastic containers.
- STEP 3
To cook, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the meatloaves on a lightly greased, shallow baking tray and bake for 25-30 mins until the meat is cooked through.
- STEP 4
To cook from frozen, heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Place the meatloaves on a baking tray and loosely cover with foil. Cook for 30 mins, then remove the foil increase the temperature to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and cook for a further 25 mins.