Spiced roast side of salmon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 1½ kg side of salmon, skin on
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Line a big roasting tin with baking parchment or foil – this helps to prevent the fish from sticking to the tin as it cooks. Brush the salmon skin with oil and place it, skin-side down, on the paper.
- STEP 2
Mix the ground ginger with the paprika, pepper, mustard, honey and 1 tbsp olive oil. Spread it evenly over the fleshy side of the fish.
- STEP 3
Roast, uncovered, for about 20 mins until the salmon is cooked through – check by poking a knife into the fillet and making sure the fish flakes easily.
- STEP 4
Serve directly from the tin, or use a couple of fish slices to carefully lift the salmon onto a big plate. Slice into portions and serve with lemon wedges on the side.