Spiced feta with watermelon salsa
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 2
- ¼ tsp cumin seed
- ¼ tsp coriander seed
- 200g block feta cheese (you can use light if you prefer), halved
- a little olive oil
- 2 handfuls mixed salad leaves
- small handful flat-leaf parsley , roughly chopped
- 2 mint sprigs, leaves picked
- 2 large pitta breads , quartered
For the salsa
- 175g pack watermelon chunks, or equivalent whole chunk), chopped into small pieces
- juice 2 limes
- 1 red chilli , finely chopped
- ½ red onion , finely chopped
- STEP 1
Using a pestle and mortar, crush the cumin and coriander seeds with a coarse grinding of pepper. Sit the feta on a plate, sprinkle over the spice mix – turning the feta so all sides are coated – and finish with a little olive oil. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Mix the salsa ingredients together and season. Mix together the salad leaves, parsley and mint.
- STEP 3
Brush the pittas with a little more oil and pop under a grill to heat through. Put a block of feta each on 2 plates, and serve with a spoonful of salsa, salad and pitta.