- 227g can pineapple in juice
With its tuft of spiky, dusty green leaves and cross-hatched, golden orange skin, the pineapple…
- about 140g pack cooked, sliced chicken breast (sweet chilli, hot and spice or BBQ work well)
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 90g bag mixed leaf
- small bunch coriander, leaves picked
- handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice. If in rings, chop into chunks. Mix with the chicken, onion, leaves, coriander and tomatoes, and divide between 2 containers if taking as lunch.
For the dressing, whisk 2 tbsp of the pineapple juice, the red chilli, vinegar and sweet chilli sauce with some seasoning in a small jam jar or lidded container, and toss this through the salad before serving.