Spanish chicken pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1kg potatoes , chopped
- 3 tsp paprika (use smoked paprika if you have it)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 onions , sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 300g cooked chicken , shredded
- 140g roasted pepper from a jar, sliced (we like Karyatis)
- handful Kalamata olives , halved
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Boil the potatoes for 15-20 mins until tender. Drain, return to the pan, then mash with some seasoning and 2 tsp of the paprika.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, then fry the onions and garlic for a few mins until softened. Stir in the remaining paprika for 1 min, add the tomatoes , then, bring to a simmer. Tip into a large ovenproof dish, then stir in the chicken, peppers, olives and some seasoning.
- STEP 3
Spoon over the mash, then bake for 15 mins until the mash is golden on top and the sauce is bubbling.